PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US shuts down EU Carbon Tax for US Airlines
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 12:58
ECAM_Actions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The additional information was included - some 60% of our emissions remain in the atmosphere long term. You chose to ignore it.
The 6% figure was in relation to our little bit of the total *emitted* to the atmosphere every year from all sources. That some gets re-absorbed is irrelevant to the fact. All of it could be re-absorbed - it does not affect the fact that we are still only 6% of what is emitted on an annual basis.

Besides - the 6% shows what a load of baloney it is anyway. Then they worry about the 2% of 6% of some other figure causing "catastrophic climate change". I think what is really going on is a catastrophic failure by the general population of the planet to recognize the manipulation that is being perpetrated against them.

If you want to really worry about the planet, go visit Fukushima and the North Pacific. I'm sure as hell not eating tuna from there! In case people forgot already, that is where no less than 4 nuclear reactors exploded, spewing radiation all over the planet, but largely into the Pacific Ocean. Interesting they didn't introduce an anti- radiation tax yet.... I can't imagine why not!

Last edited by ECAM_Actions; 2nd Oct 2012 at 13:08.