PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA Short/Medium haul EBA voted down
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2012, 23:19
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

What no one can tell me from the company, Feds or VIPA, is what is going to happen now.

If it is a quick tweak of the words and a revote (which is what I am hearing is coming the VIPA corner) then that doesn't seem to indicate that the document was too far off the mark. In which case was it worth throwing back pay and pay rises away in order to tweak the words?

If it is longer what are the FO's who can't move from the Ejet to the 737 think if the company applies the current EBA as written?

My guess is with 3 other EBA and the res system changeover it will be the middle of next year before it gets up for another vote.

If it is business class travel I have sat in on JB's roadshows where he said no - I am not sure who is saying they want business class travel but won't it mean a fight with the CEO?

If it is more money then how much? With only a profit of 22 odd million you could turn that whole 22 million into a Pay increase for domestic pilots and still only achieve a 22 grand increase for each pilot (22000000/1000) which I would think the shareholders would want to see either reinvested into the business or eventually paid as a dividend.

I thought the pay rises in the document that was rejected were not unreasonable, can't remember the numbers but they were not along the lines of the 3% that fair work paid the QF guys.

But as a line pilot I get bombarded by all these mixed messages. I wish I knew where the real information is