PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating Straight After Ab-Initio?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2012, 22:06
AlexDeltaCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your idealistic views on getting experience by instructing/flying a Tiger Moth are lovely
Thanks, but you seem to have misinterpreted my post. I was just chiming in with my insane, completely deplorable idea that were I to have a sum of disposable income equal to the cost of an integrated ATPL and type rating, I'd probably use it to buy nice things actually worth ~£100 grand rather than throwing it at some OAA [or whatever they're called this week] statistic-wielding salesperson.

some people need a little bit of nurturing before they become enlightened towards the better* approach to pilot training..

*in my opinion, for what it's worth
For what it's worth, my own experience suggested the best approach to pilot training was to do the PPL, get some appreciation at my naive young age for the obscene volume of money even the most basic spamcan bimbling requires (Daddy weren't payin' for it, see), and then walk away.

This coming from someone who was previously a dream-blinded naive wannabe ready and willing to risk the family home for a shot at some daft flexi-contract-thing. It's a job. It was a nice dream, but let's face it nowadays the 'Fate is the Hunter' type adventure, excitement and romance is long dead.

Don't worry, I'll see myself out.