PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2012, 16:28
Montreal-Dubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup FL Dutchman, I totally agree. I always have effortless transits through Newcastle Airport, and cannot understand some of these other situations of poor service. I too think they may be jinxed, but aside from that it must happen as no where is perfect, but not all the time.

Most of my trips this year have been to the likes of DUS with LH, Paris with AF etc etc, so easy check ins, quick baggage reclaim, and I am impressed with both the new search area and the enlarged border control. I even came back from Cyrpus on a Thomson charter and was expecting a long wait for bags etc etc, purely through comments on this forum!! It couldnt have been further from the truth!! All pax deplaned promptly, ease of movement through border control, and very little wait for bags. Everyone was through and landside within 35 mins which is pretty damn good, and we werent the only arrival. Im off on the EK 777 in November so I will be interested to see how Newcastle performs, but really I am fairly confident. If there are issues then hey-ho, I will note them and give feedback, but goodness me, you want to see the shambles of other much bigger facilities around the world. Paris CDG immigration has not been good this year and Montreal Trudeau?? Well, you might aswell take a book to read for Passport Control here. I for one like what we have at Newcastle.