PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines with own employees at BHX?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2012, 15:10
Alsacienne

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I too am afraid that I will be raining on your parade, i luv aviation.

It's great to hear that you have enthusiasm, motivation and determination to work in some capacity with an airline ... but despite enjoying your posts, I have to remind you - as gently as possible - that you really need to look at bit at the way you present yourself when writing, because that is the first 'look' at you a prospective employer is likely to get!!

Please be aware of inversions in your spelling - teh - is probably the most obvious one, and the lack of apostrophes when punctuating ... for example Im or its (instead of it's) and try to avoid contractions I'm instead of I am or it's rather than it is in written English. You also need to avoid Americanisms ... wanna and kinda should not appear in written English. You should also remember that companies such as Swissport, Menzies and Servisair are 'proper nouns' and therefore start with capital letters.

I know that I sound to be a real dinosaur, but these elements of your written English, plus your lack of paragraphing do give a negative image which probably does you a disservice. It makes you seem rather 'slap-dash' in your writing, and that you are not reading through what you write and correct any mistakes you see. I appreciate that this is a friendly forum where you can use a writing style similar to your pattern of speech, but the way you write does rather detract from the image of the go-ahead and enthusiastic young person who wants to commit to a job involving interaction with the public and also work in an accurate and methodical manner ... there is little room for improvisation in the type of job you are hoping to do, though a positive and 'can do' approach is a great asset.

Check what you write ... as I try to do when I post (including this post to avoid typos and missing words out!) ... and when it's a question of filling in an application form (especially if there are parts of the form that require you to explain your reasons for applying for the post or asking you what you could offer the company that another potential employee could not), think very carefully and make a rough draft of what you are going to say, making sure you answer the question asked and not what you want to tell your employer before you write out your final version on the form itself ... and keep a photocopy/print a download before you send it so you can refer back to what you actually wrote before your interview!

All the very best for your A levels ... though I was a bit concerned to see that you were undertaking them rather than taking them. DO check the difference here!!

I wish you well and really hope that you will find your way into the industry that has attracted you from an early age.