PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 cold weather operations
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 21:37
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the second question, no, at +9°C, sunny and dry we would not switch on the pitot tubes on the stand, only after engine start (e.g. normal procedure, not supplemental normal).

For reference temperatures, sorry for my misunderstanding there, we use +10 (max OAT for wing/engine anti ice), +3 (runup required at or below if anti ice is needed), 0 (below cold temperature correction is needed except for corrected approaches (all baro VNAV approaches) and -40 (cold soaked engine).

IC, according to "my" version of the supplemental normal procedures cold weather the flap deployment should be delayed until line up if taxying through slush etc is expected, if the wings are contaminated and have to be deiced keep the flaps up until deice is done. So when to do the full travel check depends on outside conditions and the need for deicing. For flap retraction after landing it tells us to max retract them to F15 if ice acummulation is possible due to prolonged operation in icing conditions with flaps extended, or when operating on a contaminated runway/taxiway.

Last edited by Denti; 28th Sep 2012 at 21:40.