PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 20:22
JKKne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fldutchman
Perhaps I am the only one, however I always have a good experience at NCL. Yes it can be busy at times in the search area on departure and at the immigration on arrival but I cant remember having to wait too long at either.

In general the staff especially in departures are pleasant and helpfull.

In comparison with many other airports throughout the world NCL is very good.

Try getting into many USA airports as quickly. get through passport control then another 30mins or so to get through customs after the bags arrived, and thats one of the better airports.
Newcastle does get it right sometimes but it as you say a good small airport.

I don't have a huge issue departure-wise. Most of the hold ups are caused by the bucket and spade travellers wearing 34 different belts and carrying assorted liquids etc

I've yet to have a good arrival experience, although the Border Force Frustrated CIA Officers have improved, even occasionally raising a small smile along with lowered waitng times, the baggage process is atrocious.

I've accounted my experience a few times on the thread but if more than 1 aircraft arrives its absolute chaos, of course I don't expect charter flights to be unloaded and bags within 10 minutes but its regular 1 hour waits with different carousels in use each time.

Even domestic arrivals are useless, it's almost forgotten at times.

I've relayed concerns to the airport each time and even had an apologetic phone call and vouchers, but what I want, is consistency. If fldutchman can have a great arrivals experience, why can't/shouldn't everyone.