PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - America's Dumbest War Ever
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 13:40
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
No actually I posted it exactly because it shows what we are talking about. It shows no faces.....but it does show the horror of what our Troops are facing each and every day.

War is offensive and the results are far more offensive to those who have to endure it.

Folks here like to treat things as abstractions.....when they are not.

My heart breaks when I read of one more Casualty in Afghanistan....and having been through this myself in Vietnam.....I promised never to let us have another Vietnam without speaking out about it.

Unlike Vietnam....this war is not being shown to the American Public....or the British Public either I bet. We get somber videos of Flag Draped Coffins, shiny black Hearses....crying families but we never see the reality of what caused those coffins and crying families.

The photo is shocking not dis-respectful. I meant it to be.....as it is the real face of the War.....not the made for prime time TV our governments are producing.

I thought hard about posting that photo.....over a couple of days.....so I did not do it out of pure whimsey.

You are welcome to your opinion....perhaps you will agree we need to see the end of these tragic events.....and join me in speaking out against the War. It is time to bring our Troops home.....not in two years time. Not doing so....means more of events just like that in the photo. Which shocks you more....the photo or the thought of two more years of this?