PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2003, 22:15
Aussiebert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been away from this forum for a couple of weeks, just catching up now, suffice to say i don't recall these advertisements.

I'd jump at a chance to fly, while i don't totally agree with the work for nothin aspect of private ops, i'd do the meatbombing to build hours

But heres the thing, i would still need a roof over my head and food on my table, and thats why i'm working my arse off in another job saving every penny i can. It's so in a couple of months i can afford to get in a car (or plane) and go wherever i need to go.

I had a CPL a few months ago. I have less than 200 hours. Would i work a station, getting 5 hours flying a week? Certainly would. Would i put my time (which i don't have much of working a full time job, in addition to a 2nd job which i'm finishing in a few days) when the info about that job states that the minimum is double the hours i have and that to send a resume in would result in it being disposed of? Nope, i don't mind putting in effort for work, but there are 24 hours in a day.

When the time comes that i have enough in the bank to live off while i pay my dues, i will be hitting the road and open to any honest work.

HA, you suggest working, saving and then hitting the road. I'm not sure when that last opertunity you posted about was on here but if in the last couple of weeks i missed it. I guess this kind of goes to show that what your saying isn't going to waste, some youngsters like myself are receptive to the many varying opinions of people with more exposure to the aviation world.

I do wish those who get the jobs you mention the best of luck. While it is competitive i still don't wish anyone anything bad in order to take opertunites for myself.

Thts my spiel...