PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines with own employees at BHX?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 09:13
i luv aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you apply for the position with continental? was there a vacancy? or did you go up to the station manager and expressed your interest? Continental posted a vacancy in BHX 2 years ago. But I was still in school...

Wow, you really been through a lot in regards to swissport overworking you! I doubt they can do that here in BHX since they lost most of their contracts... To be honest, I dont mind having a 4 am start. Though, it has to be on a saturday as I said, Im doing my A levels at the moment. I think with my quite good college time table, I would be able to work 28 hours a week. (I can perhaps do 12-14 hours on a saturday 6 hours on a friday and 6 on wednesday.) Plus since Im quite enthusiastic about working in passenger services/ ticketing, Im sure I would hope outta bed without any trouble

I was speaking to a girl who used to do passenger services with servisair at Manchester, and she told me that she really missed it. I guess that's the trouble with this industry, its just sooo interesting that you dont wanna leave.

Its really cool you wanna be a pilot! as I mentioned, I want to be a pilot and I am currently undertaking my a levels. But I want to do a pharmacy degree as a back up plan. And hopefully the BA FPP scheme is would still be around in like 10 years...

Dont worry, you havent dampen my spirits. However, I do feel quite upset that getting into an airline is complicated...