PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines with own employees at BHX?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 20:40
Lizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a job with an airline is very hard as 750XL says. I worked for swissport for 4 years and failed to get past a phone interview with continental (now united).
Sad to say I now work in an office Monday to Friday 9-530. The pay was just too bad, the conditions were just worse than the lack of money and my body clock died a slow and painful death at 4am starts throw in 2 written off cars, a permenant bad back, managemnet were just out for themselves, many a problem with depression and mood swings and a tried and failed accident at work claim when I sprained my foot.
The only good thing I got out of it was my boyfriend (the poor soul still works there, albeit in operations)

HOWEVER, please don't let this put you off. I feel you should be warned, I wouldn't want to sugar coat the reality of this job. I still miss the buzz of the airport. I just get frustrated sitting at my desk, not to mention I've put on weight
It was amazing experience and if the right job ever came back up I'd jump at it like a frog on drugs. But I think the only way I'd be uber happy about going back would be to work for the airport themselves or become a pilot (working on that one!)

Any questions feel free to ask I hope I haven't put too much of a dampner on your enthusiasm - don't lose that, it's the one thing that will keep you going!