PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines with own employees at BHX?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2012, 18:48
i luv aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey inspectorgadget,

Thanks for responding. It’s always good to see more responses and inputs.

Well when I saw those agents with uniforms, I asked them whether they were contracted or hired directly by the airline. They told me they were work directly for the airline. Its funny how most agents at LAX (my father lives in LA so I fly there a lot as it’s my second home. Hence why I have US citizenship) seem to be directly hired by the airline they are representing; yet here there are not many. Or are most of them at the London airports?

I’m a little bit lost when you said that since I’m 18 and a frequent flyer, that finances may not be an issue for me. Care to elaborate? don’t worry, im not going to get mad

In regards to contacting the airlines; I emailed Brussels Airlines HR office in Brussels (where else would it be? ) and sent my cover letter and a cv explaining why I want to work for them etc.. And asked whether they have any jobs at BHX or if I could volunteer. They replied back saying due to social legislation, they can’t take un-paid voluntary workers... don’t know what that is supposed to mean...

I really don't mind volunteering as you can see... But I am hoping they will see how enthusiastic I am and offer me a position... AERGID stated that a lot of agents who work directly with the airline are from those who work at ground handling companies. Should I get a volunteer position with say servisair, I would hope to at least hope to then get ''poached'' by an airline...

Anyways, I will definitely try to contact some of the station managers at BHX at Emirates, United, Lufthansa etc... As well as the ground handling companies. I did some searches on Linkedin and found some station manager profiles for those at BHX. So I will make a Linkedin and see if they reply. If not, I will just post my CV and cover letter...

Btw, what do you work as and for which company if I may ask?

Once again, thank you so much for responding and I will definitely tell you how I get on.