PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About this JAR-EASA transition...again
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2012, 16:40
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Elvissa,

JAR–FCL 2.495 Acceptance period
(a) A pass in the theoretical knowledge examinations given in accordance with JAR–FCL 2.490 will be accepted for the grant of the CPL(H) or IR(H) during the 36 months from the date of gaining a Pass in all the required examination papers.

[(b) A pass in the ATPL(H) theoretical knowledge examinations given in accordance with JAR-FCL 2.490 will be accepted for the grant of the CPL(H) during the 36 months from the date of gaining a Pass in all the required examination papers and will remain valid indefinitely towards the grant of the ATPL(H) provided that the applicant has a valid type rating entered in the CPL(H).]

[ ][(c)]Provided that an IR(H) is obtained in accordance with (a) above, a pass in the ATPL(H)[/IR] theoretical knowledge examination will remain valid for a period of 7 years from the last validity date of the IR(H) entered in the CPL(H) for the issuance of an ATPL(H).
[]
So as I see it, by these regs, and under part (b) - once you obtain a CPL(H) within 3 years of completing your ATPL(H) exams your ATPL's remain valid indefinitely towards the issue of ATPL(H) as long as you have a valid type on the CPL - however if you go greater than 36 months after passing the exams without completing the IR too you need to re-sit at least the IR(H) exams.

Part (c), as I understand it, is relevant to those who hold, or have held and IR, essentially saying, if you let it lapse you have 7 years to get it current again for the issue of ATPL(H) after which you would need to re-sit the exams - I assume this applies to those who don't comply with (b) - i.e. you have valid a CPL having sat the CPL exams, but then added the IR(H) theory & practical which will qualify you for ATPL(H) up to 7 years from the date of the most recent IR renewal? If you complied with (b) by taking the ATPL(H) exams you have the ATPL credited indefinitely right? so this wouldn't make sense

So is JAR FCL 2 still in place, or at least does it still stand WRT licenses/exams taken when it was in place? If it has been superseded would the new regulations only apply to those taking exams from now moving forwards?

Last edited by Aucky; 25th Sep 2012 at 17:13.