PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Apology Owed
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2012, 11:10
Pilot DAR

Received 86 Likes on 53 Posts
Though I see Bose' point, it is not the whole story. Yes, PPRuNe is someone's private "train set", and we "members" participate at their pleasure. However, as pointed out by Flydive1, I too have a choice. personally, I produce more than I consume on PPRuNe (whether my product is of significant value is another discussion).

Consumers and producers of information (the "members") meet at PPRuNe, and each for their own reasons, receive the satisfaction they seek. If a "member" no longer receives the satisfaction they seek, they won't return. I presume that "members" departing is counter to the general desires of PPRuNe owners. In the big picture PPRuNe must want generally satisfied "members", or things begin to slow down the whole way around. yes, general satisfaction may result in a few isolated cases of member dis-satisfaction, but I'm talking big picture here.

I have considered my interest in continued participation here, if the high wisdom of PPRuNe considers Genghis' contributions of no long term value. The restoration of his posts was a very positive indicator for me, and certainly swayed my feelings. That said, I'm more a producer here than a consumer. I produce for the consumers here, not PPRuNe owners, or the advertisers. If they make a go of it because of my production, that's fine, but it's not my primary objective.

So, as I feel that there is positive response to what I post (though perhaps not from n9 recently), I continue for the consumers who visit PPRuNe. I don't really care who's train set it is, I can take my bridge, and go home any time I want...