PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA Short/Medium haul EBA voted down
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 23:13
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The grumblings of Virgin Australia’s pilots over pay and conditions are the tip of the iceberg
It's not all about money (well maybe it is for some), but that's not why this thing didn't get voted up. Too many open-ended clauses - leaving too much open to interpretation - had a lot more of us unhappy than because of the remuneration offer.

As also suggested, I don't think the industrial landscape at VA is anything like QF; I, for one, still think it's a good place to go to work, & whilst the honeymoon period may be well & truly over, I'd still rather have Borghetti at the helm instead of our predecessor or anyone else. What he has achieved in his time here thus far is remarkable, & deserving of the recognition.

As Campdoag said in an earlier post, it is unfortunate that so many morons (of which I suppose I'm now included) have decided to air their grievances on this forum when we've got our own private one in which to do so. The increasing media attention will not help our cause, & on that note, many of us are becoming increasingly annoyed at how VIPA is pitching it in the aftermath.