PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hong Kong SCMP
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 05:31
welliewanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why people are complaining about the salaries. According to Cathay's web site they pay...
First Officers in their first year can expect to earn around HKD85,000 per month and Captains between HKD130,000 and HKD200,000 per month.
Jetstar are offering $145-168k. That's on par with Cathay, the higher pay rates for captains will be for other aircraft types.

As for the idea that biz-jets get paid more around here - please enlighten me. How much more?

I have no idea how their business model will operate, but if they have any sense they won't do it like they do in Oz. It's obvious that this part of the world is completely different from down under. Why are you people so cynical. I know that it's an Australian company, but (believe it or not) there are some savvy Australians around.

They are entering the lion's den, but I say good luck to 'em. It would be nice to see the current monopoly having to work for its money.

I'm just waiting to hear the F/O rate. If they're getting 18 A320s by 2015, along with the usual low cost model of flying your arse off, it could be a quick route to command.