PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Apology Owed
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 20:14
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with "strange goings on" is that each time it happens, some people will sod off in disgust.

As with any other form of emigration, it tends to be the "best" (however you care to define that) people that sod off first, which is why this and every other forum I know of, aviation and otherwise, has seen a gradual reduction in the quality of contributions.

With most posters, few would care if they got kicked out. I am sure few people here would be overly bothered if I got the boot and had all my posts deleted.

But with GTE, the line was well over-stepped because there is hardly another person on pr00n who has contributed with such high quality over so long.

And, ShyTorque, one day there won't be many people reading the stuff you write, so you will probably sod off also.

The best forums have been moderated fairly strictly, allowing dissent, disallowing personal attacks, and disallowing certain abuses such as outing alleged dodgy businesses and people (unless those businesses or people are present in the forum and making claims as to their bonafides).