PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2003, 23:07
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar - Part of what you are saying is true and I understand where you are coming from as I have been there.

However - Lets say the majority of these 3-400 are actually employed as you say. They are not going to apply right? Then there are the guys with 3-400 with no job who are trying for something a little better than the private ops. They won't apply either. That leaves the operator with less options. Of the ones that do apply not all will have the guts to ring up and go and see the bloke. Of those some will take one look at the joint and say "you ARE joking aren't you". What happens here is that the employer is left with few to choose from. He'll be umming and aring that he really likes none of them.. then you turn up on the scene.. - keen as bloody mustard - like a raging bull (right..?). Sure you don't have the hours but consider this:

For the station manager - its now been two weeks since he has checked those bores/fences and if those cattle die he is going to lose the country boys "dream job".

For the parachute man - he is seeing hotbabe backpakers (I threw that in to add to the story) turn up and leave empty handed. I.e money that could have and should have been his-walking out the door.

The moral of the story is - I've seen people change minimums when the pressure was on. I also happen to know that there aren't that many 350 hr guys out there. Give it a go and you never know you might be their last option.

Good luck with it mate.