PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways to cut workers' pay
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2001, 23:24
basil fawlty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am amazed that nobody has taken issue with my last post!(They usually do!) Obviously I spoke the truth. Believe me, EVERYBODY (with the exception of maintenance engineers) at BA are on a very lucrative gravy train with respect to the ammount of work that they actually do...My father, who was a BA flight engineer for 30 years will readily admit this! The industry has changed vastly over the last ten years and BA's problem is that it has too much history/trade union agreements holding it back. I reiterate, management in general, current SENIOR flightcrew (the biggest bunch of bloodsuckers I've ever known), I.T personnel (the second biggest bunch of bloodsuckers) and SENIOR cabin crew (the third biggest group of bloodsuckers) are screwing what could be (and indeed used to be!) the best airline in the world by far.
About time BA got its sense of values and priorities right. I was, for several years, a maintenance engineer at BA (now flying as F/E elsewhere-thank god!), was licenced , and authorized on 747's. I worked nightshift (less staff, but same clearance expected)and including London weighting I earned £27k pa gross!!! Why oh why do BA flightcrew et al, always come out with the I'm underpaid chestnut??? If you are so unhappy then LEAVE!! I did, and have not looked back. Many have either never known, or have forgotten the "real" world outside.