PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines with own employees at BHX?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 16:05
i luv aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines with own employees at BHX?

Hey guys,

I am 18 and currently in college undertaking my A levels.

I am an aviation enthusaist, frequent flyer, someone who has French and German language skills and much more!

Though I have seen a mixture of both handling agent company uniforms and airlines own uniforms many times when flying from BHX. Today I saw even more! Today I saw a lot more Brussels Airlines staff own uniform (is swissport handling them anymore?) Im sure I saw at least 2 Lufthansa employees, I remember seeing a Continental (now United) uniform being worn and saw a position posted by Continental at BHX 2 years ago and also remember one of my my mother's cousins working for Continental at BHX. (It was funny seeing him all the time at the gate when we were travelling Continental as the US is my second home) and there are many more sightings I have had.

I have always dreamed of having a PSA job whilst in college in order to start getting my experience of workin in aviation (I know pilot and PSA are 2 different things...) I have also always wanted to work for one of my favourite airlines that serve BHX. However, I see a majority of ground handling company uniforms being worn so am confused whether the airlines have some of their own staff. I dont mind having to work for a ground handling company (if I really ahve too!) but I would prefer to work directly with an airline as it may have some advantage should I hopefully become a pilot and start looking at airlines such as United (I have US citizenship) Air France and city jet (I have French language skills), Emirates etc... Also, wearing my favourite airlines uniform with pride will be great!

Anyways, I hope you guys can help me out a bit and tell me how to get directly into the airlines (its like its a secret club!) and people I need to contact.

When I was in year 10 I applied for work-experience with Lufthansa and received a letter back from the station manager (the letter was a real official Lufthansa letter as it had the headings, logo etc.... ) and they told me they would love to have me, but I was too young... although, They did say write back to us in the future! I sent a letter to Flybe, and once again it was officially Flybe as it had teh headings and stuff. I was told I was too young... I applied to Air France-KLM but I got a servisair letter back... However, I have flown Air France-KLM on 2 occasions this year and have seen 2 employees with Air France-KLM uniform.

Anyways, If you can provide me with info on how to get in with Air France-KLM, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines (brilliant staff at BHX today my mother and sister missed their flight because of my niece's US esta visa issue (my mother and sister are both citizens of the US like me; except my 4 month year old niece), United (would they like a British-American and Canadian citizen on hand ) Emirates (Ive seen many Emirtaes employees in company uniform at BHX) and the station managers of these airlines, it would be great! I also dont mind if you give me info on any other airlines who have their own staff (Ive seen a Thomson PSA before) its just that the ones I have listed, I have travelled with often (my frequent flyer status reflects that ) and I know about their products and services.

I hope you guys can help!