PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss
Thread: Near miss
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 04:10
geh065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean green returns on the radar? Never deviated around THEM at any airline or operation other than Cathay. I think Cathay pilots are scared of ANY radar return.
I don't think the bravado of flying through certain radar returns is something to boast about. No-one suspects that their aircraft is going to suffer structural failure if they fly through a bit of green or yellow but that does not mean we should be flying through it. I thought passenger comfort ranked fairly high in running a good airline. Speak to the average joe down the back and many of them are nervous flyers. I have spoken to many people over the years who prefer one airline over another because they say those airlines are 'less bumpy' and at the end of the day, passenger comfort and satisfaction is important. I think that is often forgotten amongst us pilots and fair enough, with that bulletproof door closed it is easy to forget that it isn't just the pilots going on a bit of a fly but actually that there is quite a bit of fuselage full of people also going along for the ride.