PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exit Row Seating Restictions
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 19:23
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I brief pax clearly and loudly on their responsibilities. This is a chance to gauge if they can hear and understand. If they can't then I politely find them alternative seating. I ask "do you understand" and "do you have any questions". If there's no response then I ask again to be sure. If people are wearing hearing aids it's not a problem so long as they can hear and listen to my instructions. We don't ask the "able and willing" question. I also see how people react when I say "your bag needs to be in the overhead now". If nothing happens or I get a blank look then I investigate. Its very much a case of using my discretion and there are several occasions every moth where I need to reseat people else where. It can be uncomfortable and most passengers understand but then you get te ones who just don't care about other peoples safety and insist they must sit at an exit due to *insert medical condition here* and have to be quite forceful, especially to the ones who insist that they need to sit at an exit and must have their crutches down with them at all times.

Last edited by fa2fi; 18th Sep 2012 at 19:29.