PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2003, 11:57
radar o'reilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easy tiger...

I think there might be a couple of things here to consider HA.

As mince has displayed, nearly all pilots with a fresh CPL (150TT) or up to 200TT would jump at either of those jobs.

lets peruse your examples.

Paradropper :

cant find exact post but know that there was 350TT minimum.

Station Pilot :

Needed : CPL, 400 hours min, GOOD ATTITUDE.

If you do not meet the above requirements please do not send a resume or it will be filed in the recycling department.
Your advertisement should reveal to you your lack of reply from fresh CPL holders . I am not suggesting either job is below a pilot with 350 or 400TT. But to sell either position as
private ops but bl**dy good chances to get started.
you are living with the fairies.

Don't sh!tcan fresh CPL holders as being lazy and a "generation of people who don't want to work" because they don't reply to your adverts that they don't qualify for. I don't know about mince, but it took me 5 years of crap work to aquire my 200TT. That $41,000 I worked and saved for can't even get me a paradropping or station job for you, or anyone else it would seem. There are plenty more 150 - 200TT pilots out there that have walked the same road and can't get jobs.

It's good how you get on here and start popping off that you get no reply. That is because every newbie with 150 or 200TT didn't see the need to have thier reply filed in the "recycling department."

Most pilots with 350 or 400TT have got thier start, they probably don't have any desire to leave a company that they may progress through.

Run a position with 150TT or 200TT minimum and I am sure your email would be bombarded with resume's, including mine. You never know, you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last time I checked the regulations, pilots get thier start after doing a 150 hour CPL, not 400 hour CPL.

rant over.