PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Apology Owed
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 10:14
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
Well said Pace. I recognize PPRuNe as a privately owned entity, and entitled to conduct itself as it chooses, without being accountable to members for that conduct. However, members are similarly entitled to a sense of confidence that their contributions are valued. Afterall, it is those contributions which "make" the content.

Many of us bring a vast array of experience to this forum, and share it freely. Personally, I do this as my way of returning the generosity shown me for decades, by wise aviation persons who have shared their time with me - I feel I owe it back, this seems [seemed] an suitable place to make this effort. It is an effort.

Looking back, and assuming that one quarter of my 2500 posts actually had useful informative content, and took 10 minutes each to prepare, that's still about 100 hours of my time - given to PPRuNe, and it's readers. That could have been a couple of STC's issued. I had enough reason to believe that this effort was appreciated by members, to continue. Now, I'm not so sure PPRuNe cares.

Firstly, a bunch of those post are gone now - do they deserve to be? There has already been a request that information I had posted be replaced (on a different PPRuNe forum) - and I cannot, as the only copy, resident in PPRuNe, is not available to me - and I wrote it!

Secondly, I simply feel now that whomever at PPRuNe, for reasons of their own, are taking a slash and burn approach to dealing with what I believe to be a very pinpoint problem.

If this is the new PPRuNe way, I'm not sure I want to invest any more.

Personally, I am waiting with great interest to hear PPRuNe's side, not so much what has happened to Genghis' posts, but in general, how the value of all members posts is appreciated, and protected for the benefit of all.

In the mean time, I'm not investing my time in other threads - lest it be a waste, now, or in the future....