PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Apology Owed
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 15:36
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is technically trivial to start up another forum (off the peg software and getting it hosted) but it would suffer from the same moderation issues which every other forum suffers from.

Not just aviation, either. A forum for mums discussing wayward teenagers has the same problems.

Pr00n has a long history and as a result a lot of people still read it today, even though not anywhere near as many as c. 10 years ago.

It "just" needs to sort out the behaviour of certain mods. This has been a long standing problem and I am not talking about PF necessarily.

It also needs to make a decision on whether it really wants, as a matter of corporate policy, to become a forum for various self appointed private investigators. One issue to consider is that, in aviation, there is no end to how many people with allegedly dodgy backgrounds one can dig up. I met a number of dodgy characters just during my PPL training, and a whole raft of them during my 10 years' aircraft ownership, so shall I start a new thread?