PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2012, 23:06
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It struck me today as I hiked my way along the Southeast pier that it reminded me of LHR, the old Novembers pier used by Aer Lingus. Miles from anywhere and built as cheap as chips. EDI in recent years has been like LHR in the 80s /90s with bits added on anywhere with no overall strategy or direction. Shops are really nice though, it's the one thing BAA excelled at.

Five gates with airbridges to international arrivals versus ten at Glasgow.
Three gates with airbridge access for domestic travel versus eight at Glasgow. flybe have the use of ten remote stands off the Southeast pier with not a single on pier gate having a bridge. Anything beyond Stand 1 going clockwise involves going outside or catching a bus. For a capital city it's a b***dy joke. Forgive the rant, I spent too much time commuting by bus into town then faiing to find my bus back due to the whole main road being dug up due to the ongoing trams fiasco.

Things I thought I'd never say : Joe Curry may well be right, although a fair amount of money needs to go in from GIP if they want Qatar or Emirates. It's a mickey mouse layout at the moment and it's only getting worse as traffic builds.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 16th Sep 2012 at 23:08.