PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 407GX
Thread: Bell 407GX
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2011, 17:47
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand Bell has their 407 at HAI,
Just back from HeliExpo. Did a demo flight in the 407GX and talked to various Bell personnel. What I thought I heard:

> Base price of GX with G1000H about $2.8mm, said to be about $150K more than analog version, but includes much more. Must add to this other desired kits. Estimated (by me) delivery price of a completed helicopter in the $3.2-$3.3mm zone for "corporate" configuration. Both versions to be available for some period of time.
> First available delivery position end of 2011 (some orders already taken).

IMHO this transforms the helicopter. While the G1000H includes substantial "whytech" (features that are easy and cheap to do given that the platform overhead is already paid for but are irrelevant on a VFR light helicopter so why bother) it is overall stunning and the whytech portions are highly addictive irrespective of utility. I want one!

Also talked with Roger Hoh, developer of the Cobham/Chelton HeliSAS. He stated that the STC for the 206/407 has been approved by the FAA and installations should begin soon. The Bell 407GX demo ship had a HeliSAS installed.