PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar CEO Interview
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2012, 12:25
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I guess this forum demonstrates that not only are prejudice and xenophobia themes of many PPRUNE posters, we can now add sexism to that list of endearing traits of these anonymous forum posters.

If there is some critical analysis of poor performance of the particular person concerned in the current or previous job, then go ahead and state it. Criticising someone for wanting some 'humanising roster rules' as part of her package is clutching at straws. A good leader must have good staff to support them, and the leader must have the ability to delegate their responsibility when the are away from the job. Expecting someone to be on the job 24/7 is just crazy. It is expecting something from her that you would not/should not accept yourselves.

A good analogy might be that of a captain of a ship or aircraft. On long tours of duty, they go off the bridge/flight deck for a rest and the first officer takes the watch. If something serious occurs, they can expect a call. Similarly, if the new CEO is at home with the family and something serious occurs, I am sure she can expect a phone call.

I would have thought that flight crew who spend much time away from home missing significant family events and suffering disruptions and shift work would want someone for a boss who values family time. You are going to get more sympathy from such a person when trying to negotiate conditions than someone who's only life is their job.

Last edited by theheadmaster; 15th Sep 2012 at 12:26.