PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CityHopper F70 @ Turin 30/12
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2003, 21:51
leftarmover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The arrogance of a Dutchman...?

Has there has been a cover up on the KLM Cityhopper incident at Turin?

Have Cityhopper been sweeping the incident under the carpet? I think so. It is about time that someone from Cityhopper commented on this topic as it is in all our interests that we know all the facts. A 'rumour' is just something which not all the facts are known about.

Whilst it is easy to condemn the crew on their actions, maybe a reply would quell the rumour and any cause for concern would be unfounded.

IMHO, at the very least there was a lack of basic airmanship skills demonstrated by the commander, which leads to a question mark over their training department within Cityhopper.

It is this arrogance that "I can't be wrong because I am a Dutchman" which is extremely worrying in the aviation industry. Remember Tenerife North, the World's worst air accident pre-9/11 caused by the "arrogance of a Dutchman?" It is interesting to note that the Dutch STILL do not accept that Captain Jacob van Zanten was to blame for this terrible crash!

In this industry, if we make a mistake, we generally hold up our hands so that our peers can all benefit from these mistakes. Why can we not benefit from this incident?

Last edited by Danny; 15th Jan 2003 at 01:49.