PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 380 F/O held back from command
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 17:31
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no one here to give an answer because the only people who know are Fleet! If I was part of fleet, I'd be happy to inform you through the official channel, not on an open forum such as this.

If there are those here that seriously think spending a few minutes with their fleet superintendents asking straightforward questions which affect their career is 'rocking the boat', then may I suggest you're a long way off from command suitability. Are you the same people that never take the time to introduce yourself to the FDM's, or never ask a question at the wash ups or spend all day moaning in CRM recurrent classes but have never put a report in, other than the 'almost unstable' and speed was 252kts at 4900'? I know, it's easy to blame the Company but the truth is that people like this are not fit for command, here or anywhere else. They blame the Company culture but don't leave. Good or bad, it won't change. If you can't live with life outside the US, don't come. Go to work, do the job professionally, enjoy the flying and pick your battles.

Emirates is little different from most out there and while we do have some spineless gits in positions way too high for their ability, there are also those that have fought battles to keep several of our pilots in employment. JA has stepped in several times to support guys. I've just seen a friend go through hell with a personal illness and received nothing but full support from Fleet. He's now not flying but has been gainfully employed in another role that was found for him after over a year off work. But why mention the good news, that's not what you guys want to hear is it?

If more people spent time promoting the positive rather than the negative perception and paranoia that pervades this Company like a cancer, then perhaps more F/O's might start passing their command interviews and command courses.

As for the small note, obviously someone else needed to pass on a few home truths too.