PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2003, 13:08
Max Autobrake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just heard that NW, GO's highly respected rostering manager, who was recently appointed as same under the combined operation, has resigned. This is just about the biggest bombshell that could happen to the pilots in a company which, by all accounts, is about to implode in a big way. I understand that there are about to be another couple of key resignations in the next few days.

All the pilots at GO breathed a sigh of relief when NW got the Rostering Manager job at EZY; why he is leaving is nobody's business but his own, but my information suggests that the company tried to "hush up" this news, mindful of the fact that rostering is the biggest issue, and coming as it does days before the crucial BALPA meeting with the EZY Board.

In addition, 160 cabin crew have resigned over the past 2 months, creating another crewing crisis which has resulted in the madness of positioning LPL EZY cabin crew by taxi to STN to operate three day tours on GO flights!

I spoke to a GO crew in EDI this morning, and they were devastated at the news of NW's departure.