PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay at VS / BA / LH / IB / AF?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2003, 12:59
Mini mums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA pay deal

Super Stall,

Are you therefore telling us that none of the cabin crew earns more than any of the pilots after this amazing pay deal? Sadly you couldn't.

I don't think any rumours are being perpetuated that are so far from the truth that no response is warranted.

It is fact, a senior Purser or CSD will regularly earn more than the co-pilot.

Yet again a pay deal has been negotiated by pilots, which significantly favours one section of the workforce, whilst giving away concessions, which were important to other sections.

Why didn't BALPA use professional negotiators? Personally that is why I pay my 1% - no so that there can be all this self-congratulatory talk and letters from Lloyd saying didn't the boys do good.

Falcon10 - the BALPA website contains pay information on the UK airlines, you may find it helpful to contact them.

Super stall, you weren't by any chance involved in the pay negotiations were you? If you were then, I would like to thank you for the considerable time and energy that you and your colleagues spent on achieving this deal. However, next time why not let the professionals negotiate, and let us fly planes - each to his own.

Oh, and why didn't BALPA continue the process of consultation until we were happy?

Lucky me, I had a frosty faced purser snarl at me, "you'll be alright now you've got your 20% pay rise - what about us?" - well I say market rates for pilots AND CABIN CREW, how much do the VS crew get? LH? AF?

One slightly p*****d orf Nigel.