PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation X
Thread: Citation X
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 16:21
Cowboy-76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly a Citation X and on the whole His Dudeness's comments are pretty much spot on.

I do have the following comments:

After touch down upon and getting the spoilers out it does stay well planted until you deploy the TR's at which point the nose will come off the ground again if you have not got significant forward pressure on the column.

The TR levers are very easy to manipulate and are not all or nothing. They are exactly the same as the Sovereign that I flew before and are easier to use than the CL605.

The standard Citation X has Honeywell Primus Avionics with CRT Displays not light weight LCD displays so there will be a significant weight saving there over that. But I am sure the Garmin would not be that much different to Collins ProLine 21 which also uses LCD screens.

The Baggage Bay on the Citation X is pressurised unlike the Sovereign, XLS etc. but that said it would be very nice to be able to get into during flight and you are correct the door is too small. The baggage bay on the Sovereign is much nicer but not pressurised.

I doubt if Cessna will certify the Ten for 6 degree approaches, also London City is too short to take off at a sensible weight in the Citation X

If you have a Citation X the best thing for it much like any other aircraft is to be used on a regular basis and that will keep the maintenance issues down.

All in all I love the Citation X but it does not really suit everybody, it uses a lot of runway and a lot of gas but its quick!