PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation X
Thread: Citation X
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 15:36
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On touchdown does the aircraft stay planted, given its spoilers seem very tiny especially when compared to latest Falcons that seem to have acres of spoilers.....why arent the roll spoilers setup to activate on landing. Surely that would help some. only thing I can think of is maybe they would give a pitch up tendancy.

Why no auto spoilers or autobrakes, even the TEN doesnt seem to have this.
The obvious answer is...money. It would cost Cessna more to develop, test and certify the automated systems than their 'traditional' manual one. The numbers they achieve are good enough me thinks. In 'my' current Cessna (C680), the spoilers give a good deal of pitch up. How hard to control that would be in a 750 I have no clue, but I guess they just said: no, our rwy numbers are good enough and that auto thingy would be modern. A word that is abhorred in Wichita....

I do hope the traditional interior is offered on the TEN, as the new "funky" modern look with its angular lines and space age look is ghastly.
A matter of taste and again, bucks.

Regarding reverse, can you modulate it with the reverse levers. They seem tiny and of the all or nothing variety.
I have never seen all or nothing reverse levers and since on the 650/680 the levers are the same I think I can say with out having flown the X, that there is no problem in dealing/operating/modulating the T/Rs...

It will be interestign to see the weight saved between the proline 21 and the Garmin avionic. Kingair that are given the Garmin treatment lose somethign like 320lbs, and fills a skip bin full of wire, brackets, mounting trays, power supplies and sundry items.
AFAIK the X had Honeywell mounted and not Collins Proline 21, next I doubt that one could safe 320lbs between a PL21 and a Garmin installation. Maybe between a Collins 85/traditional and the Garmin...or the old Honeywell stuff and Garmin. The cabin plug will help to eat that up, I guess.

Disapointed to se the TEN still doesnt allow access to the baggage compartment from the main cabin therough the lav. The external baggage door looks tiny........can you get a hard case bicycle case through it and into the cargo compartment. Againm the Falcons seem to be much better in this regard.
Since the bagg comp is not pressurized, how should they accomplish access in flight? That would be a major reingeneering task. From experience with both, accesable and inaccessable bagg compartments I`d say that this is nothing one really needs. And it puts a fire hazard in the cabin than rather in the hold.
The Falcons play in another, higher class IMHO

All new Falcons are sertified for 6 deg steep approach, will Cessna offer that capability to allow them into London City Airport [/QUOTE]

Last edited by His dudeness; 11th Sep 2012 at 15:37.