PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways to cut workers' pay
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2001, 02:38
dumiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At Gatwick they have been so petty as to stop the free vend on the tea machine and to stop canteen subsidy for the workers.We have yet to see our huge management temple (Jubilee House) shed any of the so called management empires (Peter Principle in action)however they have reduced the temperature by 2 degrees to conserve energy. For us there is a ban on overtime and we have seen our night shift reduced from 13 to 6 and now a proposed 2. with upto 80 more staff to go before the end of October.We do however still have our huge team of project managers fumbling over themselves to try and look busy and creating jobs for themselves that a child at kindergarden could do with a few pots and paints and I hasten to add more charm. Now they want to reduce my pay and take away an allowance they conveniently call holiday pay.I have been led to believe that I am paid for a 30 day month and that this pay is for the 7 months of the year that have 31 days minus 1/2 days for Feb. If this is the case which I suspect it is as it is normal practice in most large companies then they have no right to this money they have also already pocketed the Interest.