PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2012, 21:41
Beau-Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi.
Just thought I would pass on my experiences from when I were a lad.... I used CATS for my studies and found them great. That was a few years ago, but I did pop in a year or two ago in their then-new premises in Luton and they were still providing great training. I saw they had an iPhone/iPod app out that was useful, and dare say there are many more good things to come, knowing how the team there are creative with utilising new tech.
I studied on the in-house course as I needed an extra hand at the time to get my head around Gen Nav. Looking back on it I don't know what all the fuss was about
I also have my manuals from the course that I periodically peer into when I need to. You will usually learn something new in aviation everyday. Especially as EASA kicks in.
It is a good idea to go and have a look at the schools you short list. Have a chat with the students there to see what they have experienced so far.
Where ever you decide to go, try to have an enjoyable time of it and go flying once in a while to remind yourself why you're putting yourself through the madness of the ATPL exams.