PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who is a safe company to train with now?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2001, 16:39
Lightning ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

As a current business owner. I have to credit check customers on a regular basis, having had two go down on me in the past year with a loss of £ 3,000.

Anyone can access the companies house website and obtain certain free information on any 'Limited' company in UK. Such as date they started, when accounts are due and if any are 'overdue' which can usually mean a problem. It will also list any registered mortgage (bank debenture) against the companies assets. Indicating they have borrowed a reasonable sum of money from a bank.
For an extra £5 you can also order a copy of the latest filed accounts and the annual return showing who owns the company and director home addresses, incase you wish to knock on the door for a 'friendly chat'.
Other than that. This forum should be able to provide some clues about the stability of a particular group. Do they own the aircraft or buildings, or are they leased.
What does the local fuel company say about their payment history. Get the idea..
ch web site: companieshouse.co.uk go to the free information section.

My invetigations led me away from two of the current FTO's. Yes one was 4 forces but I won't name the other. (not Scabair, OATS or SFT).