PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unprofessional flying
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 19:55
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a student pilot to try to tell an instructor what they think, or have an opinion, is tantamount to sacriledge. The only safe way to behave is to shut your big mouth & go through the mill like everyone else.
Hmm, I know that's what people feel but I try to encourage any student of mine to ask questions or make suggestions.

It's extremely upsetting when you hear of a student/licence holder who disagrees with you but waited till after you weren't in the room to say "that was not correct, shocking behaviour" etc etc. rather than discussing it in the debrief or in the air over something relatively small but clearly distressed them. It's only happened once to me so far and I took it far too personally. Next time you fly with an instructor for your Biennial and they do something you disagree with, tell them, they will appreciate it and they will probably learn a bit more than normal.

What you describe is not dissimilar to flying with Captains from certain Eastern countries who believe they know and see everything and require the FO merely to operate the radio, fill in the paperwork and do any other donkey work required. We got into what I would consider to be a very dangerous situation, wont allow it any more.