PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unprofessional flying
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 19:11
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Crash one, obviously crossed wires. I thought you were being very hard on the Instructors given I know most of the ones that were there at the time and I knew of none that were either bad or unsafe . I'm pretty sensitive about that because some people think instructors are meant to know everything and react very badly if the experience differs. It's not easy flying with these old geezers who've been flying for ages and never tell you what they think is going on.
I said I'd been flying on & off for some time, I've been solo (Ex 14) four times, between gliders & 152s, never got it finished.
For a student pilot to try to tell an instructor what they think, or have an opinion, is tantamount to sacriledge. The only safe way to behave is to shut your big mouth & go through the mill like everyone else. To mention any previous stick time of any kind prior to starting the course made me feel like a knowall, so I said sod all. That is only my feelings & I am probably wrong.
Obviously Instructors know a bloody sight more than I do, those I mentioned were not wafflers, they were very good, but I have come across a couple of . No names , no pack drill. They weren't at Fife by the way, one of them put the fear of living **** up a, never flown before, female in a glider.
Apology accepted by the way.
As for the airmanship thing, I have been reliably informed by the CFI that Portmoak is a 7days a week operation. Their field of concentrated ops extends a long way from the field. Wx minima are a lot less than mine. As are those of the organ donors. So the chance of me coming across such a site in non flyable wx is remote, hence MY " wouldn't go near them" attitude.