PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAAC medical centers and initial conversion process
Old 5th Sep 2012, 14:26
rovespier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAAC medical centers and initial conversion process

Hello everyone,

Heading to China the end of this month for my first time medical-ATPL etc screening and have some questions for all you experienced Chinese expats.

Any info on which of the centers is the best one to have your initial medical check? Rumour is that the Shanghai center is the most time consuming and strict one. Should I avoid it if I can choose to go to Shenzhen lets say?

Is there any progress with their medical, westernizing a bit the whole process, or should I expect a repetition of the regular horror stories posted in this forum?

Also, I have a minor scar from a (minimally invasive) varicose vain surgery in my low(lower than waist) abdomen.
Should I even mention it? Do they ask you to strip down completely to check for scars or just down to your underwear? I hate to go through tons of paperwork and tests for nothing, so I prefer to avoid even saying anything if they won't notice.

How long does it usually takes for their background checks(is it only CAA authentication they request) and working visa procedures after you get the job?
Can I provide any papers directly so as to speed things up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks