PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying a light aircraft
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 11:38
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I didn't know much about it. Looks very new, only a few on the register. It seems to fit what you want although I can't say it would interest me. Is it possible you had already set your eyes on that but were looking just in case there are alternatives? It seems that what you were asking for fits this aircraft very close indeed.
It's a normal Category CofA aircraft so you can fly IFR if correctly equipped
Composites are great but if you get a hangar ding are a lot more expensive to sort than pulling a bit of metal. The useful load is low, full fuel you have 100kgs which means if I'm in it solo, there's no room for anything else Climb performance is fairly mundane and take-off roll for it's class is relatively quite long - in my opinion only. I wonder if those figures were generated at MTOW? perhaps I was just skimming.
It sounds like it flies very nicely though, have you already had a reasonable go in one?
If what you want is mostly for having fun flying just being in the air rather than always touring then it's not bad, there's definitely better for touring and speed in those machines is what generates economy. But for that mission, I think it's a hell of a lot of money to spend on a very new, relatively unproven aircraft. How easily will it be sold on? How easily will you be able to get parts? particularly if the company went bust and you were stuck trying to find certified parts for this aircraft? I'd go and try a few, definitely get a shot in an RV7 if it's available, just for peace of mind

Last edited by Dan the weegie; 5th Sep 2012 at 11:39.