PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 06:00
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its going to be a while before they hire expat in Malaysia...but honestly I was there for a few years ago.. the golden days of expat in Malaysia... they didnt like the expats pilots...to much.. As the guy in the middle i could see the why... expat always whinging about conditions, some had the western superior attitude, I am god gift to flying, (250+hrs)... Good luck.

And anyway...here is way before you could get hired in Malaysia...

Unemployment Of Young Pilots Cyclical, Temporary - DCA

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 14 (Bernama) -- The unemployment of young pilots is cyclical and temporary in nature as it depends on the supply and demand in the job market, said Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman.

He said airlines would rebuild their capacity, add new routes and strengthen human capital, including recruiting more pilots when the situation improve.

The latest record shows that are 1,174 Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) holders who still jobless, he said.

"Too much dependence on jobs offered by local airlines such as MAS, AirAsia, Firefly, MASwings, Transmile and Berjaya Air adds to the magnitude of the problem.

"The period 2009-2011 has witnessed the downturn of global airline industry. The escalating fuel prices caused many airlines to review their operations," he said in a statement Tuesday.