PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unprofessional flying
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 20:04
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan the weegie
I don't recall saying "I am right they are wrong". I used those very words to describe the direction this discussion was heading from posts by others.
I certainly did not criticise anyone without knowing the context. I fail to understand how you should come to the conclusion that I have insufficient experience to make a judgment. I do actually know by looking at the airfield whether Portmoak is active or not.
I also am certainly not in the category of "I am right, they are wrong & I must ensure everyone knows about it" I have never in my life said or implied such a thing. I have a NPPL, I have been flying on & off since 1956. I don't consider myself any kind of expert. On the other hand I cannot stand being mis-understood. If you think my remark "If this is the way instructors behave then >>>>" is a bad thing to say then so be it.
I refuse to believe that ALL & EVERY instructor is a GOD. I think I have been around long enough to make that assumption with some justification.
I mentioned a down angle to Portmoak of 30 deg from 5000 ft this equates, acording to my inadequate maths to about 8660ft laterally, 10000ft distant. Hardly 10 miles!
I say again "I do not think I am right & they are wrong" I do still believe that flying in the close vicinity of such places is silly, perhaps I should have added the bit WHEN THEY ARE ACTIVE. I thought that last bit was bloody obvious.
For interest the instructors in these two experiences of mine were both excellent. The remark about no ATZ etc was made by another.
Yes you have pissed me off!