PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unprofessional flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 17:13
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piperboy, Leuchars have radar and can see most traffic to affect so will be best placed to know if there's traffic for you to know about. They also talk regularly with the guys in the Dundee tower. If I was flying in that area I'd be talking to Leuchars until I was west of Broughty castle and below 2000ft or I was going in to Dundee.

That said, you can tell Leuchars to shove off and change to Dundee if you like there

Crash one, it's a bit of a complicated situation there because Fife is so close but what you're basically suggesting is that it's bad airmanship to fly within 10 miles of a gliding site. I know that the gliders like to soar on west lomond but you weren't over there doing spins and it really is anyones airspace. Gliders can be just about anywhere round Scotland so long as you're following sensible airmanship, RT and lookout there's no reason to be upset about it. Flying right over the field below 3000 ft without talking to them is poor airmanship though, if that's what she did then it was a bit silly. Any time I tried to talk to portmoak all I got was silence so perhaps that's where the attitude came from.