PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unprofessional flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 11:28
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well to be honest the Errol site never had a very good reputation when I was flying alot of GA round there. They seemed to rely on Dundee ATC to spread the word and considered the airspace as there's if they were jumping or not.

The one over in fife always seemed alot better setup and also at distrubting notams when they were operating. It was years ago and only a personal opinion. I did get reported once for over flying it. I was scud running to get into Dundee and going up the estuary side at 600ft to get runway 10 in dundee and the tops where at FL80 which is where I had just been. I did know about the jumping because I was speaking to Leuchars and NOTAMS. But they said nothing had moved all morning and to be honest i thought that with OVC at 700 and 4k viz they won't be jumping and have forgot to call leuchars to say so. Apparently not they still reckon it was still thiers. The fact that a bodged wind corrected timed procedural approach for 10 will also put you in that airspace is also ignored.

Folk not talking to Dundee goes back to the days when they used to try and get a 15 radius of sterile airspace whenever the dornier passed TLA. And they had that demented harpie screaming at everyone. I must admit I avoided talking to them if she was on and I knew it was inbound and I wasn't landing there.