PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failing the personality test
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2012, 21:01
Pugilistic Animus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
G-Rich I think you've misunderstood my post-the way my typing gets at times that's understandable

What I mean is that pilots must take initiative I don't think being a good test-taker [or cheater] is the best way to determine a pilot's ability...I think the best pilots take initiative to always learn more...when I see young pilots coming to tech log or questions thst shows me that they take initiative wrt to their own learning...there are some training captains that can teach a monkey to fly an departure OEI with the captain incapacitated in IMC with turbulence...I know several excellent training captains...but since this topic is about personality I think the worst of all personality trait is the type who fails to take initiative or an arrogant person...it does not matter the age because 20000 hrs of doing the wrong things doesn't make it right

but couple either an arrogant or 'learning-passive student' with a lazy 'tick box' training captain and put that person outside of a tight little box and you have a disaster waiting to occur...if I knew that the Training captains that I know trained the person i wouldn't worry...but if going by the lack of initiative I sometimes see then...I'm sorry I don't trust the 'system so easily

I hope I clarified what I meant better if you still disagree well that wont change my mind but I wont STFU

further another thing is these fake aeroengineering groundschool requirements seen out side of the USA are useless because..
1. It's far, far, far too superficial to be real aero engineering
2. It has very little to do with real life flying
3. All it seems to do is inspire handwaving know-it-alls

So basically I don't want arrogant and/or lazy pilots flying me anywhere in whichever seat!

Just IMHO but as Captain Bob used to say..."like it or lump it"!!!

Genghis ---it was even worse for me when I was a young kid someone looked at me and said that I'm a retard---no tests mind you---and by that I mean the clinical definition...although Von Karman's work does make me feel a bit dumb at times...