PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The True £Saving Of Modular Over Integrated
Old 1st Sep 2012, 07:58
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortaunately it means that we have to continually reply to these debates just as Beazel has to reply so its not that negative. If he didn't his prefered method of training would disappear.
Silly statement! It isn't something I invented. This is the method of training that is utilized by most of the principle airline "cadet schemes." In fact it has nearly always been the historic methodology employed for fast track airline apprenticeships. People come on these forums wanting to know how they can be an airline pilot with 200 hours. The answer (for some) is through one of these airline cadet schemes. There is precious little point telling people that the schemes are available by "going modular" if they really aren't.

You think if I didn't point out the realities the "method of training" would disappear? You are wrong, it wouldn't! British airways, Thomas Cook, Thomson airways, Monarch, easyjet, DHL etc. They don't consult me for advice on their cadet programmes, but they all use this training method for their cadet programmes.

The vast majority of would be aspirants will select the cheapest route they can towards their goal of a licence. That is an economic reality. The realisation for many (who don't otherwise drop out en-route,) comes after they achieve their licence, and come to terms with the reality that having a 40k,50k,60k (or whatever) debt, is not a great accolade when the reality is that they cannot achieve these same cadet opportunities, more than that, they can rarely find any kind of flying job. The stepping stones towards their real goals, are few and far between, with some dangerous and very fast flowing waters inbetween.