PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The True £Saving Of Modular Over Integrated
Old 1st Sep 2012, 07:30
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats because there is a major part of the industry including the NAA who doesn't want the facts to be out there.

They don't want the number of pilots starting training known and they certainly don't want the number actually getting jobs known either.

There is also the the fact that often quoted facts are actually taken from projected sales reports, which are reports of wishfull thinking.

To be honest posters on here are never going to change the thoughts of a 17-25 year old who has never had to work. I am not talking bar jobs and part time stuff I am talking about hard graft normal jobs. The marketing is geared to such people and it does work. I can still remember being suckered in by similar marketing when that age.

For a number of years I have posted past the original posters, my posts are aimed at the people who are going to provide the credit garantee for the loans.

I wonder how many students have gone modular or haven't started at all because the owner of the family capital has seen through the marketing and refused to put the whole family into debt possibly due to posts on here.

Unfortaunately it means that we have to continually reply to these debates just as Beazel has to reply so its not that negative. If he didn't his prefered method of training would disappear.

If you are on a tagged job scheme go for it. If you are self financed unless your family can afford to loose the lot either earn the money before you start or earn the money while you are doing the training.

There are thousands of CPL's out there that will never earn enough to cover thier training costs using it. Thats both methods of training.