PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women in Aviation???
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 10:37
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

My initial instructor was a female, the one that did my CSU retract was a female and the one that did my second twin endo was a female, all very good instructors and very nice people. I have a friend that owns a flying school and another one that had a PPL when I started flying that now drives twin turbines and yet another one that had a basic CPL about the time I got mine that is now driving twin turbines. one of my lecturers at collage was (and is) a very competant and knowladgable examiner of airmen. Out of all these people, only one has been silly enough to eat those very colourful earplugs thinking they were lollies provided by the company. but she made up for that by wearing the nicest tee shirts in class when we were studying (although it did make study hard).
I only know of one woman (that I know) has used the hairy logbook to advance her career (and she was a looker, I would have gladly employed her).
It is totally dependent on the person not the persons sex, I have met, by far, more silly blokes in this game that women, any way you wanna work the ratio.