PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2003, 09:13
Fatter Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I speak for the majority of the Essex Dept of easy.

At present morale is virtually non-existant , except for a few putting a brave face on things, which is very sad, cosidering go was a genuinely happy ship previously.

The office is being culled on a daily basis, and roll on late January, the OPs department heads off down the M11 to Luton. I dread to think of the consequences and fallout from that.

The pilot workforce are again at a low, with the general opinion being if there was anywhere better, we'll be off. Alas, at present there isn't. Quite a few sniffing after Ryanair, and why not!

Rumour on the street is that our contingent from over the Irish Sea aren't too chuffed as Ryan Air are, quite rightly not extending their staff travel scheme for too much longer. Why ..., because Easy won't reciprocate. And as a result the commute for many becomes too costly.

The Belgians, mostly ex-Sabena, are apparently looking at a few of the new German low cost startups, which apparently are quite attractive to some. So there could be a few spare seats there too.

Apart from all that, everything is just fine! And how to fix it ..........., try starting with a stable roster and sorting out the pay deal. Up to the takeover, I believe most people were financially happy with GO, but being sr@wed about has a price.

All this uncertainty and secrecy about what is happening is having a most destructive effect on what was Go, and the sooner it is sorted the better, before there is no-one left.